Nobody wants to pay more in taxes than they need to, so why do many middle class and wealthier Canadians do it anyway?
The Estate Plan is one of the cornerstones of a sound financial plan. Essentially, the purpose of an Estate Plan is to preserve your wealth both during your lifetime and after. Successful tax planning can assist beneficiaries in retaining more of their inheritance. What you do today can make a world of difference to your happiness and the future of the people you care most about.
The following are some of the areas of Tax & Estate Planning we assist with:
- Identifying business succession alternatives
- Lifetime capital gains exemption for qualified small business corporation shares
- Corporate attribution
- Utilization of Family Trusts to manage risks and enhance benefits
- Estate freezes
- Life insurance to fund taxes and buy out on death
- Charitable concepts using life insurance